Dr. Damerell is a member of the Invisalign Orthodontic Master Program and a Certified Invisalign® Provider!
Since Invisalign is nearly invisible, you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. Dr. Damerell has been a certified Invisalign treatment provider since it was introduced in 2000 and is currently a member of the Invisalign Orthodontic Master Program, where he is being mentored with 30 other top orthodontists from the US and Canada on how to treat difficult cases quickly and efficiently with Invisalign. He has treated many cases with this leading edge appliance system. He has recently been certified as a Teen provider and has an iTero digital intraoral scanner for increased accuracy and speed in receiving aligners.
Invisalign – A “braceless” alternative to traditional metal braces!
Have you ever wished for a straighter, healthier smile, but not looked forward to all the metal wires and bands that often go along with braces? At Maui Smile Works we can make your dream of having a new smile come to life. To learn more about Invisalign and if you are a candidate or your child is a candidate for Invisalign Teen, contact our office today to schedule your complimentary Invisalign evaluation.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. So, you can smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign is made with 3-D computer imaging technology and has been proven effective. More than 70% of orthodontists in the US and Canada are certified to treat with Invisalign. Invisalign aligners are:
- Completely invisible– Invisalign aligners cannot be seen while you are wearing them! Friends, family members and co-workers may never even know you are wearing braces, unless of course you tell them!
- Comfortable to wear– The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate your mouth and tissues like traditional braces often can.
- Customized just for you– Your Invisalign aligners are customized to fit your mouth. Dr. Damerell uses advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of your mouth and teeth, then he customizes each aligner so that it fits your mouth, and over time moves your teeth into the proper position.
- Removable–Unlike traditional metal braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss and for special occasions. There’s no need to change your lifestyle with Invisalign!
- Effective– You will begin to notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Most treatments are completed within one year; however this can vary from patient to patient.
Why Consider Invisalign
People everywhere are beginning to experience the benefits of Invisalign treatment. Here’s why people just like you are choosing Invisalign over traditional braces:
- With Invisalign you can have a straighter, healthier smile without all the noticeable wires and brackets of traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, making it easy for you to enjoy the foods you love without worrying about breaking or bending your brackets and wires. You can also remove your Invisalign aligners to brush and floss regularly.
- You don’t need to change anything about your current lifestyle! With Invisalign you can continue participating in day-to-day activities without changing a thing. Invisalign is great for Teens, professionals, athletes, brides, and parents.
- Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless. Fewer appointments are required throughout your entire treatment.
How Does Invisalign Work?
You wear each set of aligners for about 2* weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Damerell has prescribed. You’ll visit Dr. Damerell about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case. Learn more about Invisalign on their web site at www.invisalign.com